• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/25 hunt

Had one die of COVID19 and not social distancing this morning.
20201025_095746.jpg

Congratulations Allsmiles Allsmiles ! I watched a buck chase a doe early and about an hour later I saw a buck come by with his nose to the ground. Couldn’t tell how big he was. Been very slow other than that!

Mine came to a can call. He wasn't swollen, just curious I think and hoping to get lucky. All they were bringing in at the cooler this morning were bucks.

Mine came to a can call. He wasn't swollen, just curious I think and hoping to get lucky. All they were bringing in at the cooler this morning were bucks.
The one I shot yesterday wasn’t swollen yet either. His hocks were starting to smell pretty good though.

Fake news! He has his mask on it’s not possible he caught the rona :lol: Nice buck congrats!
I think it was the social distancing thing that got him. Those 7.62x39 SST rounds are not good for your health. Needed to be culled with 4 on 1 side and a big spike on the other.

Since I didn’t see anything in the oak bottom yesterday afternoon I decided to hunt the peanut field this afternoon. Thinking they are moving later due to the moon and knew my chances of a later shot was much better up here in the field vs back in the swamp under that canopy of tree tops. Best of luck to everyone who is out this evening.

Back
Top Bottom