• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/25 hunt

Ended up seeing 13 does and the eight pointer this morning after the rain. Have seen four does this evening, so far. Think I will hunt tomorrow morning and then give it a rest until Thursday. Cooler weather is expected starting Friday. Hopefully, the bigger deer will come out.

Some nice kills on the board so far. Congrats to all!

I went and checked my cameras today and checked for fresh scrapes, and found around 10 or so. No rubs. I also had a heavily drooling wild dog growl at me that was a bit freaky. I had no firearm on me at the time so I had to run at him. Fortunately as I was retracing my steps, the drool turned out to be throw-up. I guess I interrupted his purge, and he wasn't happy.

Still no hunting for me in this heat. Something ain't right about deer hunting while I'm still getting tomatoes from the garden... But the weekend is looking tolerable so I'm licking my chops.

Some nice kills on the board so far. Congrats to all!

I went and checked my cameras today and checked for fresh scrapes, and found around 10 or so. No rubs. I also had a heavily drooling wild dog growl at me that was a bit freaky. I had no firearm on me at the time so I had to run at him. Fortunately as I was retracing my steps, the drool turned out to be throw-up. I guess I interrupted his purge, and he wasn't happy.

Still no hunting for me in this heat. Something ain't right about deer hunting while I'm still getting tomatoes from the garden... But the weekend is looking tolerable so I'm licking my chops.
w/o a gun? WTF ?

w/o a gun? WTF ?

Yep. It was sitting back on my 4-wheeler. I was walking through my food plots to see how they were doing after the rain, and I have a large stand of bushes that separates two of them. When I walked around the edge, there he was in the other food plot.

Yep. It was sitting back on my 4-wheeler. I was walking through my food plots to see how they were doing after the rain, and I have a large stand of bushes that separates two of them. When I walked around the edge, there he was in the other food plot.

Yep
the main reason I carry even in my back yard is because of dogs.
Ya just never know when they’re gonna show up and rush you.
The one time you
leave it 30’ away is when you’re gonna need it...I hate that.

Yep
the main reason I carry even in my back yard is because of dogs.
Ya just never know when they’re gonna show up and rush you.
The one time you
leave it 30’ away is when you’re gonna need it...I hate that.

I had a neighbor killed earlier this year, by his next door neighbors three dogs that they let run wild. I had encountered them a few times without a gun also...

When the sheriff deputies showed up, the three dogs were circling around him already dead and wouldn't let the deputies approach. Pretty gruesome stuff.

I had a neighbor killed earlier this year, by his next door neighbors three dogs that they let run wild. I had encountered them a few times without a gun also...

When the sheriff deputies showed up, the three dogs were circling around him already dead and wouldn't let the deputies approach. Pretty gruesome stuff.

Jesus.
That’s nightmarish.

Yeah man....and anti gun morons wonder why people pack heat.

I can’t stand when people
let their dogs roam untied.
I can see if it’s a sweet dog that goes pee and comes right back but nuisance dogs seem to be the ones that owners let roam all the time.
Man I got some dogs that need killin that roam my favorite hunt spot.

ALWAYS ALWAYS have a gun

Back
Top Bottom