• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/27 hunt

I managed to get off a little early today so that opened up the door for an afternoon hunt. Wife informed me the time changes this weekend, so this week will most likely be the last week for afternoon hunts after work. I really hate the time change!! Wish we could keep the summer time schedule all year! Oh well, on to things I can control. LOL

Nothing today. It was a good time. Took my co worker with me. Before the current job he got with me, he worked an indoor office job and owned just a Glock 30. After being my partner for a year, he has taken up fishing and hunting with me. Also owns 2 pistols an AR, sks, shotgun now....damn I’m a good influence ! My dad insisted we take a photo to make memories
EC50259B-9F32-4940-8E08-BE42A368A03E.jpeg

Nothing today. It was a good time. Took my co worker with me. Before the current job he got with me, he worked an indoor office job and owned just a Glock 30. After being my partner for a year, he has taken up fishing and hunting with me. Also owns 2 pistols an AR, sks, shotgun now....damn I’m a good influence ! My dad insisted we take a photo to make memories View attachment 2891068

Awesome man!

You’re a bad azz!

I went out for the evening tonight.
I saw a freaking tiny spotted fawn today....wow what a late breed that must have been.

I watched a chubby spike for a half hour along with a yearling fawn.
I had an estrous rag tied to a tree and he totally ignored it but stuck in nose in the yearling’s rear several times and she freaked out, squatted and trotted away each time.

They both parted ways then he came back again during last visible light.
I had to scare him off by dragging my crossbow on the ground from my pull rope.
Didn’t want him to see me come out of the tree.

There’s a really big six point that I caught there on cam.
He’s a hoss and I’m hoping he comes around soon.

Not a bad azz, just get the joy of watching someone into the hobbies I like and see them get all pumped. Hell, the deer I got in opening day, he was more excited than I was.

And a humble bad azz too.
Anyone that can get a grown man into hunting and fishing is bad azz in my book for being a good mentor and friend.

Back
Top Bottom