• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

100years ago, Unknown Soldier chosen.....

Wow, I didn't realize there was that much involved in selecting, or that there was even a selection. Pretty interesting read on the history.

Have visited and seen the changing of the guard several times. Now I know the rest of the story.

Thanks for posting

Actually 97 years ago. This didn't happen until 1921. A very interesting footnote in our history and sort of typical of the Army. They didn't want to do it until forced to do it, then acted like it was their idea all along from there on out. :)

Amazing story, I was involved with the Unknown from Vietnam interment. Only later to be remove to DNA and politics

The "Last Known Soldier" from WWI, Charles Graves, was selected in a similar fashion and directed to be buried beside the Unknown Solider at Arlington. He never made it to Arlington because his his mother"s desire to have her son close to home here in Rome Georgia. His final resting place is historic Myrtle Hill Cemetery in Rome.

http://roadsidegeorgia.com/site/myrtlehill.html

3.bp.blogspot.com__rDz5Jnrk3aU_U4OUApGjLYI_AAAAAAAACM0_007syRU4739367ddbde0170f92fb94405ef0e22.jpg

5826aa7546dcc.image.jpg

55505eccc16d8.image.jpg

5563fa477e664.image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom