• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

106.7 FM

They paid 100 million dollars for this one and 6 other stations. They have one of if not the strongest antennas in georgia. I have listened to them from macon to almost Tn. They cover a huge area and being taken over by a christian station?? I smell a rat at work.

George Soros, bought the station. He used Religion to buy the station. I hope there is another station out there 95.5 has been sucking it!

who all listens to their line up. Since i found them i no longer listen to 95.5. What say you??

I haven't listened to terrestrial radio since 2004. Don't miss it at all. Went to XM Radio in early 2004 and haven't looked back. Lots more channels, Howard Stern, used to have Opie and Anthony, Fox News, less commercials, so much more variety, and now with smart phones connecting to your car's audio system you have your own music, Pandora, podcasts, etc...

There is literally nothing on AM/FM radio worth listening to, that you can't get on satellite or your phone...

Which is also nice because you can listen to one station as you drive across the country without losing signal... I listened to the entirety of the Kavanaugh hearings as I drove from ATL to Buffalo....

I haven't listened to terrestrial radio since 2004. Don't miss it at all. Went to XM Radio in early 2004 and haven't looked back. Lots more channels, Howard Stern, used to have Opie and Anthony, Fox News, less commercials, so much more variety, and now with smart phones connecting to your car's audio system you have your own music, Pandora, podcasts, etc...

There is literally nothing on AM/FM radio worth listening to, that you can't get on satellite or your phone...

Which is also nice because you can listen to one station as you drive across the country without losing signal... I listened to the entirety of the Kavanaugh hearings as I drove from ATL to Buffalo....

Personally, I'll take a local station with more local flavor than the internet offerings any day. That said there are few to none that I will listen to anymore once 106.7 changes format.

Personally, I'll take a local station with more local flavor than the internet offerings any day. That said there are few to none that I will listen to anymore once 106.7 changes format.

What is local flavor? They gonna mention some local place to make me feel like "they care" or are "one of us"? Meh... couldn't care less about local flavor, or traffic reports.

Here is the traffic report, at any time of day, on any day in Atlanta: "It sucks, find another route or stay home"... LOL

What good does a traffic report do for you when you are in your car stuck in it? Plug your phone into your head unit and have Google Maps on the screen with real time traffic, letting you know when you are approaching speed traps, etc...

The stations play the same 20 songs all day, with a gazillion commercials that you can't fast forward through...

Terrestrial radio is dying. There is no compelling reason to listen to it today. You can get the same songs and content, in better quality, through other means... It's going the route of buggy whip makers... Trying to hang on as long as it can, but it's days are numbered...

What is local flavor? They gonna mention some local place to make me feel like "they care" or are "one of us"? Meh... couldn't care less about local flavor, or traffic reports.

Here is the traffic report, at any time of day, on any day in Atlanta: "It sucks, find another route or stay home"... LOL

What good does a traffic report do for you when you are in your car stuck in it? Plug your phone into your head unit and have Google Maps on the screen with real time traffic, letting you know when you are approaching speed traps, etc...

The stations play the same 20 songs all day, with a gazillion commercials that you can't fast forward through...

Terrestrial radio is dying. There is no compelling reason to listen to it today. You can get the same songs and content, in better quality, through other means... It's going the route of buggy whip makers... Trying to hang on as long as it can, but it's days are numbered...

It sounds like you haven't any frame of reference about the station we are discussing. These guys talk about local issues and events. Georgia carry laws, Stacey Abrams and her continuous clown show, etc. It is not a music station and the quality is just fine.

Back
Top Bottom