• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11/11 hunt

I just drove home from Pennsylvania today.
11 hours straight through.

Man I saw some big monsters up there while visiting.
So today around 2:30pm on I-79 South in west virginia I passed a deer crossing sign in an area I usually see deer on the hillsides running, I saw two big bucks dead in the median where the northbound lane has a steep hill median and the south bound lane is at a lower level.
So I’m looking at the dead bucks in the median when another big buck runs in front of a semi and gets plowed and it spins three times before landing almost into southbound traffic in that same median...so I see something to my right and there’s another big bruiser buck cruising slowly in some thick brush 20 yards from my lane.
Crazy......I thought for sure that spinning deer was gonna hit my van....thank my lucky stars it didn’t.
By the way....the semi had a big bull bar and just kept trucking.....sure scared the crap out of people when it’s happened.

Two does that normally hang around up front on my property came in about 10 minutes before the end of legal light where I was in the back. They kept looking at something behind them. When I checked my camera up front, there was a spike chasing one of the does. I've seen no other evidence of the other does being in estrus so hopefully this was it, and it's about to start full bore according to the rut script.

I will say it's been a strange year with what looks like one doe coming into estrus early, but I ain't complaining because it's been a blast.

Reactions: MRH
Two does that normally hang around up front on my property came in about 10 minutes before the end of legal light where I was in the back. They kept looking at something behind them. When I checked my camera up front, there was a spike chasing one of the does. I've seen no other evidence of the other does being in estrus so hopefully this was it, and it's about to start full bore according to the rut script.

I will say it's been a strange year with what looks like one doe coming into estrus early, but I ain't complaining because it's been a blast.

My spot in Marion county should be heating up this week too. It's always a week behind the Atl metro area. I'm headed down very early tomorrow morning. Temps are dropping way down and the forecast predicts high 20's.

Good to see you man! Hope you get a big one!

My spot in Marion county should be heating up this week too. It's always a week behind the Atl metro area. I'm headed down very early tomorrow morning. Temps are dropping way down and the forecast predicts high 20's.

Good to see you man! Hope you get a big one!

Good to see you as well. I saw where you got a nice 8 and hopefully you'll get an even bigger one this week.

I actually got a decent 10 pointer last Friday, but he's not the big 10 I have been chasing. He came in nose to the ground Friday morning and after the second grunt stop, and with his head already in the woods, I got him with a heart shot. The crazy thing is at the exact minute I got him on camera right before I shot him, I had another 8 or 9 pointer on camera at my stand 100 yards south of where I was sitting. They were both headed in the same direction. I'm just hoping the one doe running with bucks wasn't the only one out and about while all the others were holed up. Her being in estrus already is definitely a week early for our rut.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom