• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/11 hunt

Good to see you as well. I saw where you got a nice 8 and hopefully you'll get an even bigger one this week.

I actually got a decent 10 pointer last Friday, but he's not the big 10 I have been chasing. He came in nose to the ground Friday morning and after the second grunt stop, and with his head already in the woods, I got him with a heart shot. The crazy thing is at the exact minute I got him on camera right before I shot him, I had another 8 or 9 pointer on camera at my stand 100 yards south of where I was sitting. They were both headed in the same direction. I'm just hoping the one doe running with bucks wasn't the only one out and about while all the others were holed up. Her being in estrus already is definitely a week early for our rut.

I busted a big 8 last year on 11/14 while he was checking scrapes. 11/14-11/24 in my area is prime time. Its on!

05A6EFCE-88A8-4015-977A-26A5F032C485.jpeg
Both taken on 11/15 and there are others but I don’t have the photo on my phone also taken on 11/15

Attachments

• C3E65FED-BDB0-4DCF-AB6C-419AA0EC9DD9.jpeg
    C3E65FED-BDB0-4DCF-AB6C-419AA0EC9DD9.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 12
He’d never have the chance to become a 6x6 if I saw him right now.
Your trail camera pictures make me miss hunting that area.
I think he’s 5.5 now the only way he gonna make another year he better quit moving in daylight if he wants to make it,we have him narrowed down to about 200 acres,I’m assuming this is his rutting territory,because he has moved about 1/2 mile from his summer pattern.theres enough does to keep him there.

Back
Top Bottom