• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11/14 Saturday hunt

10:00pm and I have deer chasing eAchother all through the woods out back .

I ran out with my red Cree led light.
I heard a deer in the leaves across the street so I ran around my back field like an idiot in the leaves then waited.
Big old dark doe came trotting up to me 20 feet away.
I was hoping for a big buck but she was a Very mature doe.

There were a few more out back going wild.
Hopefully they're this active come morning.
Headed to wal mart for more doe estrus.

Shot a decent 8 on public land 7:24 in the morning, saw him run about 60 years a and laid down. I thought he was dead but I waited 20 minutes and claimed down to pull him to my stand and wait for prime time to be over. When I got down he was gone! Decent pool of blood with bubbles in it. I Tracked it down to a patch of small bamboo and bumped him, he took off like Usain Bolt! I must have spent 3 hours and walked 4 miles but never found him. During lunch break I was walking back to the truck and saw a doe at around 80 yards walking. I put my sight on her and gave her a bleat, she turned and looked, I squeezed to trigger and she drops where she stood. I came up to her and noticed that she smelled weird and her fur was wet, I flipped her over and saw she had been shot in the butt area and as infected. Just my luck I guess. I have a picture to sure but don't know how to upload

Shot a decent 8 on public land 7:24 in the morning, saw him run about 60 years a and laid down. I thought he was dead but I waited 20 minutes and claimed down to pull him to my stand and wait for prime time to be over. When I got down he was gone! Decent pool of blood with bubbles in it. I Tracked it down to a patch of small bamboo and bumped him, he took off like Usain Bolt! I must have spent 3 hours and walked 4 miles but never found him. During lunch break I was walking back to the truck and saw a doe at around 80 yards walking. I put my sight on her and gave her a bleat, she turned and looked, I squeezed to trigger and she drops where she stood. I came up to her and noticed that she smelled weird and her fur was wet, I flipped her over and saw she had been shot in the butt area and as infected. Just my luck I guess. I have a picture to sure but don't know how to upload

You might want to try and find a tracking dog in the area to see if you can find the buck. There is a list of contacts over on GON stickied in the Deer Hunting forum.

To upload a pic, just click on reply. Then over on the far right under the text box, click on the More Options button. Then click on the Upload a Picture (middle button) under the text box.

Back
Top Bottom