• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11/18 Hunt

The rut hear is definitely over. We have bucks starting to hang out together again on our trail cams. They have also gone almost completely nocturnal.

2nd rut is gearing up here. I heard some chasing and could smell them yesterday. Sounds like you have a 3 week lull ahead of you.

2nd rut is gearing up here. I heard some chasing and could smell them yesterday. Sounds like you have a 3 week lull ahead of you.
Actually the second should be in full swing right now. Our 1st peaked on October 13. However, I've got bucks on cam from two nights ago being way to social with each other.

Those 12 Gauge slugs you are throwin' at 'em are sledgehammers, you shouldn't have to track 'em!:becky:

I yank the trigger like I'm trying to pull start a lawn mower. I always hit high. I hit one above the lungs that I tracked for 500 yards before the blood stopped. That was the same gun with the same slugs. Im working on it. The adrenaline is hard to control.

I yank the trigger like I'm trying to pull start a lawn mower. I always hit high. I hit one above the lungs that I tracked for 500 yards before the blood stopped. That was the same gun with the same slugs. Im working on it. The adrenaline is hard to control.

S Q U E E Z E

squeeze brother, don't yank. You were taught that WAYYYYY back in Basic. ;)

Saw a doe and something behind her. Coulda been another doe or the buck that belongs to those big set of tracks. Between the saw grass, fading light and quick movement, I couldn’t be sure what it was.

592A2992-40C5-4C9C-98E9-D110560BE1EC.png

I got to look at one through my scope. To far away to shoot with a 30-30 in a lot of brush. Riley poked his head up out of the blind and one had snuck up in the side we weren’t watching. He said it looked up at him and ran away. I never saw that one, but he was the one who pointed out the one I did get to see so I believe him. I told him they run when they see something ugly :lol:

Back
Top Bottom