• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/25 Hunt

Allsmiles

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
Anyone heading out today? They were moving last night on my way home from work and brother said he saw 6 does with a buck in his yard. If I see them moving this morning on the way to work, I'll update with what I saw.
Good Luck

I got in my spot about 20mins before daylight. I opened the window and could make out a silhouette. I put binos on it and could tell it was a large buck, but I could not tell how large. I swapped between scope and binos a few times. Scope wasn't near as bright. I glassed him one last time with the binos and made my mind up to shoot. Well I bumped around and spooked him. As he ran off I saw how big he truly was. He would've definitely been my largest. 30mins later I was still kicking myself and heard 3 consecutive shots from the neighboring property. Pretty sure they wounded him, because there have been atleast 20 shots since all moving farther away. I guess they're chasing him down. I'm so sick to my stomach about it.

It's a beautiful morning!
1000001729.jpg

39 and slight breeze in my face. Beautiful day to be in the woods.

On this food plot watching the transition lines. Birds are singing, I hear a few shots in the distance. I will delightfully do my part when the opportunity presents itself.

Yall be safe and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom