• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/26 Hunt

Caught wind of something and went looking. Dead deer 75 yards from stand. Maybe 2-3 days. Appears to be early fawn. Critters have been on it but less than I'd assume. It's not in sight of stand but hope to catch yote coming in for a snack....
On second thought, went and drug the nasty thing so I'd have a clear shot. "Here, puppy". Another older kill site maybe 10 yards from where this one was. Very odd....

Poured out 12 gallons of water oak acorns in front of my blind this afternoon. Just watched a 7 feed around for a bit. He will be a good one next year if he survives.
20211126_163226.jpg

On second thought, went and drug the nasty thing so I'd have a clear shot. "Here, puppy". Another older kill site maybe 10 yards from where this one was. Very odd....
If you trapped yotes the carcass set is deadly. Drag both carcasses together and put a few traps in the ground around them. Ive already caught 2 yotes off a beaver carcass in the backyard. It especially helps if you slightly bury them to where they have to spend time to work the carcass out. Gives more time for a foot catch.

Well, saw 14 this afternoon, 13 does and fawns and 1 small buck. Then saw 13 more out in our pecan orchard as I was driving out after dark. All of those were does or fawns also. Guess the rut is over here and I somehow managed to not see one good buck.

Saw 3 does a little before last light. I was holding out as long as I could to see if a buck would be following them but if there was it got too dark and I had to grunt to spook them off so I could get out.

Back
Top Bottom