• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

12/2 hunt.

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
My Son and I are heading out. Good luck all.
This is appropriate music for this morning.
23D42259-C5B7-4030-A97B-5A6612952608.jpeg

It’s flooding south I’m taking a few days off be back in the woods about Thursday.

I have been tied up for several days after Thanksgiving but will get back to Crawford Co on Monday evening.. My neighbor bagged the huge 10 point that I have been seeing on the camera.. O well I don't have a place to hang him anyway.. More "doelicacy" for the freezer.. Going to try out the 450 Bushmaster this week.

I had a rough one last night.
Took a chance and headed to that spot where that buck lives.
Unfortunately the rain came down on me relentlessly BUT that buck grunted at me while it was pouring so he was so close to my ground blind that I heard him over the rain.
Of course I could not see him as he’s a slippery bastard.

Now for the miserable part.
My buddy met me up there but came in the woods after I was already in my spot.
He told me where he was going to be but he never came out of the woods after dark and would not answer his phone so I got pretty nervous and went looking for him.
Luckily he stayed put near the area he was hunting.
I found him on the ground madder than hell.
Turns out his headlamp died as he was walking, slid down a steep hill and his foot went into a rotten stump hole and he twisted his ankle badly.
His cell phone was also dead.
I had to carry him out of the woods and it was not fun at all with the steep grades and rain.
I was able to slide him down the hills and help him limp on the flatter areas till I got to a spot I could fireman carry him without killing us both.
I kept telling him to have two backup flashlights always but he was in a hurry to get in the woods and did not have any.
I have to go back for his climber and backpack today as I was too worn out to go back up the mountain last night.
He wouldn’t let me take him to the hospital and he was able to drive himself home.
Rough night.

Back
Top Bottom