• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

12/22 Update: I need a GOOD boat mechanic.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
Long story short. Motor was running fine when I took it in to get detailed and a couple other small things done. Motor stopped running while they had it during a test drive to see if the speedometer fix they did worked. They said they fixed fix the motor. Still does not run properly and I took it back. They've had it for three weeks this time and still have not fixed it.

I don't think it's major. Motor is in overall great condition and has very good compression. They just can't seem to identify what is wrong with it. All I get from them is a vague, "It's electrical", which I'm not sure of at all. It actually seems like a fuel problem to me, but they are sure it's not.

I need someone that knows what the hell they are doing to diagnose and fix this problem.

Any suggestions?

I just talked to Motorhead Marine and they sound like a serious shop. They have a DINO on sight and all. Anyone have any feedback on them?

Turns out Motorhead isn't what I was hoping it was.

Just had a serious talk with my current mechanic. It turns out he's 90% sure it's the wiring harness. He has been testing things on it as a process of elimination. I told him to stop screwing around and get me a cost to replace the harness.

Back
Top Bottom