• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need law advice. Anyone a lawyer?

I would start with the DA in the county where it happened, if the $ amount is high enough to be a felony it's criminal anyway and they will do the work for you. If the amount is misdemeanor $ the amount you would spend on an attorney will cost more that your recovery. Lawyers don't sue people for free.

I would start with the DA in the county where it happened, if the $ amount is high enough to be a felony it's criminal anyway and they will do the work for you. If the amount is misdemeanor $ the amount you would spend on an attorney will cost more that your recovery. Lawyers don't sue people for free.
It is way more than a misdemeanor amount. This is felony.

If this is an employee with a fiduciary duty then it would be embezzlement. A thief isn’t going to admit they stole sh*t. At least not without considerable leverage. What is your evidence? What do you hope to accomplish?

If this is an employee with a fiduciary duty then it would be embezzlement. A thief isn’t going to admit they stole sh*t. At least not without considerable leverage. What is your evidence? What do you hope to accomplish?
I'm wondering why it's not under the purview of a D/A, did the police not investigate the claim? A civil case is going to be difficult I think.

I'm wondering why it's not under the purview of a D/A, did the police not investigate the claim? A civil case is going to be difficult I think.
The OP hasn’t shared enough information to know. If it is a criminal act, why hasn’t he filed a police report?

If he wants his stuff back, criminal charges would certainly provide the incentive.

Anyone can sue anybody for anything. But for what purpose? The OP hasn’t shared

Back
Top Bottom