• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

(1260) Rounds of brass 7.62x39 in wooden crate for $214.20

I would be all over this stuff if it weren't corrosive.

-Why in the world were they still making corrosive ammo in the 70s to 90s?

I read somewhere its because the this type primer is more reliable and stores longer than the non-corrosive primers.

Thanks CCW, a fair price and corrosive doesn't scare me.. it smells good :)

I also need some cases of this 7,62 on stripper clips... anyone seen any for sale?

I just don't want to go through the hassle of cleaning that stuff out of everything each time I shoot.

-I'm lazy like that.

Heck I've shot quite a bit of "corrosive" ammo. I just clean up with Hoppes 9 when I'm done and have not seen so much as a speck of the dreaded "corrosion".
In my opinion the whole "corrosive ammo" thing is blown way out of proportion and has become an internet monster with lots of keyboard commandos who have no experience with it spouting what they read somewhere with little if any basis in fact and no experience.
The military used it to win 2 world wars and all the barrels of their rifles didn't magically melt. The GIs cleaned their weapons and carried on. I shoot it clean my weapon and carry on like I was taught by my grand daddy who was one of those GIs and no they didn't walk around with a bottle of Windex on their bandoliers either. I'm pretty sure the windex thing is more internet junk science. Yeah ammonia cuts copper but "corrosive" primers aint copper.
I guess the plastic pistol generation has been completely spoiled and never cleans their weapons unless they put em in the dishwasher.
Good their internet misinformation monster leaves more cheap ammo for me.

Last edited:
Heck I've shot quite a bit of "corrosive" ammo. I just clean up with Hoppes 9 when I'm done and have not seen so much as a speck of the dreaded "corrosion".
In my opinion the whole "corrosive ammo" thing is blown way out of proportion and has become an internet monster with lots of keyboard commandos who have no experience with it spouting what they read somewhere with little if any basis in fact and no experience.
The military used it to win 2 world wars and all the barrels of their rifles didn't magically melt. The GIs cleaned their weapons and carried on. I shoot it clean my weapon and carry on like I was taught by my grand daddy who was one of those GIs and no they didn't walk around with a bottle of Windex on their bandoliers either. I'm pretty sure the windex thing is more internet junk science. Yeah ammonia cuts copper but "corrosive" primers aint copper.
I guess the plastic pistol generation has been completely spoiled and never cleans their weapons unless they put em in the dishwasher.
Good their internet misinformation monster leaves more cheap ammo for me.

How do you really feel about it?

Man I have shot A LOT of corrosive ammo through my AK 74, SKS and my Mosin's over the years with no problems just clean them after your done it ain't that hard.

Back
Top Bottom