• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

15 Years

Wife and I celebrated 32 years of marriage on June 12th. First went out on Dec 16th, 1976. Met her in Mrs. Wilson's World History class in 1976 at Campbell of Fairburn, GA. She was a 9th grader taking a 10th grade class because she had a scheduling conflict with her band class. She was a sharp student (1979 Valedictorian), so they let her take the class.

Brains, blonde and 6' tall beauty. Other guys were intimidated by her height or smarts. I don't know. I just lucked out. She finished college on academic scholarships, married an A1C in the Air Force with nothing and followed me around for 18 years. Still together after all these years. Two grown children, both doing very well. Me, not so much; but I count my blessings every day.

View attachment 291734

View attachment 291731

View attachment 291735

Love those shoes. Had some just like them when my lovely bride walked down the aisle 5/21/77.

6/18 marked 31 for Mrs. Smith and I. Dated for 6 before that to make sure we could get along. I am sure I took some of the early years for granted but after starting 2014 off with open heart surgery there will be no more of that.

Back
Top Bottom