• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yellowstone 1-3 was great. 4th season was ok, but not quite as good. I hope they do better with the 5th.

I think the producers are starting to get the hang of having a show play out over 3 to 4 seasons, which is a good idea.

One of the shows I watch is Billions, which was very good for 3 seasons. By the 4th season it was getting tired. They made big changes in season 5 to freshen it up, but the writing is circular and formulaic; season 6 is almost unwatchable. It was a 3 season show, maybe 4. They are ruining it, the way The Walking Dead was ruined.

I think the producers are starting to get the hang of having a show play out over 3 to 4 seasons, which is a good idea.

One of the shows I watch is Billions, which was very good for 3 seasons. By the 4th season it was getting tired. They made big changes in season 5 to freshen it up, but the writing is circular and formulaic; season 6 is almost unwatchable. It was a 3 season show, maybe 4. They are ruining it, the way The Walking Dead was ruined.
Exactly. And Billions is an awesome show as well. This last season is on life support though. Axe makes the show IMO. They should not have done another one without him in it.

I loved Yellowstone and 1883. Billions was good but I need a new series to watch. Suggestions?

I just started The Tourist on HBO Max. Has potential.

Severed on Apple TV is super strange, a bit slow, but intriguing.

Ozark is great, if you haven't watched it.

Mayor of Kingstown on Paramount+ (and Apple TV) is outstanding. Took a couple of episodes to warm up, but by the season ending, the wife and I were totally hooked. Many of the same behind-the-scenes folks who made Yellowstone and 1883.

Any of the seasons of Fargo are worth watching. Ditto, True Detective. First season of True Detective might be among the finest TV series ever made.

Edited to add: Mr. Inbetween on Hulu.

I loved Yellowstone and 1883. Billions was good but I need a new series to watch. Suggestions?
The creators of Yellowstone and 1883 are coming out with a new spinoff called 6666 later this year. It’s a similar show as Yellowstone that centers around the Four Sixes Ranch in Texas. They are also making a spin-off called 1932, which will focus on the Dutton family during prohibition.

And yes, the first season of True Detective on HBO was one of the best shows on tv. I watched it every single Sunday. Very well done.

Back
Top Bottom