• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

18yr old daughter is starting college and needs a self defense weapon. Guns on campus are out so what is the best self defense weapon?

I have to ask, have you reached out to the school on what THEIR policy is in place to protect the students since they will not allow an individual protective measure? Would they produce a record of past occurrences of assaults in the past 24mos?
That information could help shape what approach you and your daughter take.

If you go this route you will also need to check with the local jurisdiction surrounding the campus. Some colleges by necessity turn major crimes over to the local jurisdiction due to the lack of resources to effectively investigate serious crimes.

First, your mind is your best weapon
Next, a self defense course were you learn a little martial arts
Next, a taser and or OC
If she'll get a little specialized training, it will go a long ways. And another thing is to always keep your head on a swivel and know what's going on around you. And don't walk alone at night

Just remind her that she is the weapon... everything else is a tool. A sharp pencil, a metal pen or a good fingernail file are all legal to carry but make fine stabbing weapons. A small claw hammer will make a great impact weapon. As I, and a few others on here will attest, a long neck beer bottle is just begging to be an impact weapon or a missile. Point being weapons are all around us it's just knowing how to use them.
We have a winner…

Just graduated from GA southern in 2019. Me and about 20-25 other gentleman in my dorm all kept shotguns and rifles with no issues from the staff even on the “fire drills” aka - snoop thru your room. Most girls I know had pepper spray or some kind of device that would ring out a loud decibal alarm. Kimber makes a great non-lethal believe it’s called the pepper blaster

Take a key and carry it with the head of the key against the base of the palm. Ball the fist with the sharp part of the key sticking out between the first and middle finger. If anyone attacks then she takes the key to their eyes and larynx with continuous jabs as rapidly as possible. Also a direct blow with the key to the inner ear will drop them quiickly. Just a good defense when you cant get to a weapon in a purse or pocket quickly.

Back
Top Bottom