• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

18yr old daughter is starting college and needs a self defense weapon. Guns on campus are out so what is the best self defense weapon?

All University System of GA institutions have a crime report online. The Cleary Act from the feds mandates it. This link will take you further in your research:

Contact numbers are on the USG website above. Use them if you have questions after studying the individual campus reports.

Never go anywhere without a buddy.
Stay away from drunken parties (yeah, good luck with that one).
Use common sense (Yeah, right… 18 year old)

Black cat.... got one for my wife. She forgot it was in her purse at the airport, almost ended up on the no fly list.
1P5-U009BK-2T__62605__79615.jpg

This. Fk the school policy. Tell her to carry a gun and keep her mouth shut about it. Even if it was somehow found I highly doubt that an 18-year-old girl who didn't feel safe would face any consequences for it.
Carrying on campus is felony in Georgia. All it takes is one mistake and my professional life would be over.

That said concealed is concealed.

Also consider armor. Soft armor fits in normal backpacks and provided some decent protection.

This. Fk the school policy. Tell her to carry a gun and keep her mouth shut about it. Even if it was somehow found I highly doubt that an 18-year-old girl who didn't feel safe would face any consequences for it.
Is it legal for an 18yo. to carry a handgun in the State the school is in?

I think you are very mistaken about no consequences. With the state of mind about school shootings she would instantly be labeled a potential mass killer and expelled. Then criminal charges would be pursued.

Back
Top Bottom