1911 Project, Update.

Sweet gun, I sent you a PM but basically just scrub it good with any gun or metal cleaning solution, the worst you could do is wash out some of the color fill.

Oh and don't scrub it with a metal brush use plastic like a toothbrush or something so you don't scratch it.

Last edited:
i guess its possible that its some kind of oxidization but if that's the case you could have a nice project on your hands, could do something similar to my new springer by duracoting or maybe cerakote the gun and then expose the stainless flat surfaces.

static.rcgroups.net_forums_attachments_3_1_5_0_6_1_a4013250_4036460a00777470b437bfd1ca7055bab2.jpg

Nothing simple but clean look is what im going for. I already saved up a lot of pictures of 1911s I like. I think im gonna end up with bunch of 1911s now lol

Bahahaha. I got new addiction now lol

That's an amazing collection you have. I see Remington, taurus and colt but I can't tell what other brands you got. I can pick it up this weekend if you have time ;)

Yeah i should find some time to meet this weekend. No Remington its 2 old colts on top then Taurus and 2 springers on bottom so i still only need a Remington, Remington Rand, Sig, Ruger, Ria more colts maybe a Dan or one of the holy grails singer, US&S or Remington UMC :)

the one on the left is a 1918mfg USGI used in both WWI and II has been re-arsenal at least once during the later war its is pretty tight and shoots good, the other one is a 1919mfg commercial likely refinished in the 50's.

Back
Top Bottom