1911 Project, Update.

it wasn't hard at all, there are some excellent videos on youtube :) the Taurus though turned out to have a couple of none standard parts that weren't in most of the videos but it wasn't do difficult to figure out. just make sure you have some good tweezers, punches and small hammer available.

Very tempting.... the only down side of 1911 is that its hard to find one with rails on it. I've seen aftermarket add on rails though.

What materials did you use and how much did you spend on this project if you don't mind sharing :)

Very tempting.... the only down side of 1911 is that its hard to find one with rails on it. I've seen aftermarket add on rails though.
What materials did you use and how much did you spend on this project if you don't mind sharing :)
There are some nice options with rails available and then there are also guide rod or grip lasers if that is what you are wanting to attach.

This project was pretty cheap a side from the gun itself i spent about
$25 Sand paper grits 320, 400, 800, 2000 still have bunch left over
$20 polishing wheel for power drill
$20 new grips
$5 Dremel strippin wheels - Mostly used on frame
$5 Cold blue.

I just want to attach a light. It will be Home Defense gun. I don't believe in zombie apocalypse or modern warfare stories (Russia invade USA) but I am fully aware of thieves and robbers breaking into my house at night.

I have all the tools and live 10 minutes from home depot lol so tempting....

Last edited:
I hear ya, the only thing better than a light on the home defense gun is a light and lazer combo, to bad all the ones on the market today are designed by retards :)

lol you will thank me later and your wife will hate me when you buy that 16th 1911 :)

My gf got so mad when I traded handguns for 3rd time in a year. She said I have ADD with guns and cars.

She has 40 pairs of jeans, 16 purses and a master bed room full of clothes. She said I could only have 1 gun in my whole life. I just laughed at her and told her shes crazy

My glock is on sale btw. Would you take a trade frogman lol

My gf got so mad when I traded handguns for 3rd time in a year. She said I have ADD with guns and cars.

She has 40 pairs of jeans, 16 purses and a master bed room full of clothes. She said I could only have 1 gun in my whole life. I just laughed at her and told her shes crazy

My glock is on sale btw. Would you take a trade frogman lol

Man I have traded 3 guns in a day think that would trip her put lol?!?!?!?!?!?

make her a deal that you can have half as many guns as she has shoes :)

Thanks for the offer but I'm not looking to downsize my 1911 collection at this time, I'm actually adding another tomorrow :) yeah i know I'm addicted :)

Back
Top Bottom