• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 vs Glock

How about cost? A reliable Glock can be purchased for less than a reliable 1911. Even at ODT Glock prices. Many $450-$500 1911s are not going to be as consistently reliable as a Glock. I said many, not all. And all may be an accurate descriptor.

Not everyone can afford a 1911. Not everyone can afford a Glock. But a Glock is within reach of more folks than most 1911s.

If your budget is limited - Glock every time.

How about cost? A reliable Glock can be purchased for less than a reliable 1911. Even at ODT Glock prices. Many $450-$500 1911s are not going to be as consistently reliable as a Glock. I said many, not all. And all may be an accurate descriptor.

Not everyone can afford a 1911. Not everyone can afford a Glock. But a Glock is within reach of more folks than most 1911s.

If your budget is limited - Glock every time.

This is reasonable to a certain extent. I believe that most brands of cheap 1911s are reliable. In fact, the looser the tolerances, the more reliable.

I own both (RIA 1911 & Glock 21) and both have their advantages...the 1911 has a little more reach out and touch someone accuracy but the glock holds more rounds. I like that you can field strip a glock in a matter of seconds but the 1911 is a lot more robust.

Why would round count even come up in a self defense situation? I fairly sure that I heard most shootings only involve an average of 6 rounds, well within the realm of a 1911. To me a 1911 allows for faster follow-up shots and stays on target better than a Glock. I do however carry both and do not have a problem trusting my life to either weapon system. I must have been very lucky throughout the years because every 1911 I've owned has ran and ran and ran....

6? my understanding was about 2 or 3

The outcome is determined by 2 or 3 rounds, if not by the first. Other rounds fired are follow ups to the first few. Think of it as a boxing match. A couple of good shots gives someone the advantage, the rest just finish up.

Back
Top Bottom