• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1923 Roadster

This is a great story. Please keep it original. My cousin had a pickup we used to ride on back in the 1950,s. Great memories.

Keeping it as original as possible. Went with Ash wood for all the body support parts. Gonna paint it black like original. Will be cleaning up the original hickory spokes then clear coat. Now collecting all the electrical parts for the 6 volt system.

Partially rebuilding transmission. Next is Carburetor.

20190302_095608.jpg
20190302_100348.jpg
20190302_135612.jpg

At least everything is mechanically simple and hopefully parts are easily available.

Have been able to find almost everything through suppliers. They are four major suppliers and if one is out of stock, then one of the others generally has. The only thing I haven't been able to purchase is pedals. The cam was badly worn on one, so I'm welding it up and grinding down to fit the mating cam.

Bought this yesterday. When we saw this at a car show yesterday, I told my friends of my childhood memories of riding in one just like it with my now deceased uncle. It was not for sale. The guy had it at the show looking for parts. We bumped into the owner and I told him of skinning my knees jumping off the running board. He asked my name and everything fell together. This was my uncle's car. It has been stored in a barn for almost 50 years.

Any Model T fans here? I need some restoration resources/books/contacts.

View attachment 1658326 View attachment 1658327 View attachment 1658328
I love stories just like this..they always find their way back home...now has any one seen my 64 el camino..??

there is a guy in Canton that restores and has parts..he has and drives a 23 sedan..every where...its his daily driver..see him up at Cherokee gun and pawn often

If you run into him again, please get his number. I haven't spoken to anyone locally that is "into" Model Ts. I doubt millennials even know what they are.

Back
Top Bottom