• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1968 Fairlane "Barn Find"

Will a clay bar remove them?

Yeah I see the sap! I know it does! Hahahaha! Can they be buffed out with a buffer?

How's do ya think a clay bar work on the spots ?

Honestly, I haven't taken the time to try a claybar, but a few friends have suggested as much. It's almost become therapy to scrape on it an hour or so after wrenching, etc..With the hood and the trunk ratty, I have not tried to get too excited about the finish yet. I've washed it down a few times but I haven't even taken the time to go into the door jambs yet. So much needed and still needs attention that I just knock a little off my list at a slow pace because with my daughter just finishing college and one starting in another year, my funds are basically sweat equity at this point LOL. I have literally redone the fuel system completely, most of the electrical to a working point (needs wiring cleaned up under hood) replaced the entire braking system, bushings, bearings, on and on and on LOL. Heck, it was so nasty when we hauled it to the shop that I literally filled a 5 gallon bucket up with dirt dobbers nests from the chassis! Used three cans of ant killer before I got rid of all the piss ants in the interior LOL So literally, if I can make it to Commerce this weekend one day it will be like its maiden voyage! But I will try a claybar and let y'all know HA

Honestly, I haven't taken the time to try a claybar, but a few friends have suggested as much. It's almost become therapy to scrape on it an hour or so after wrenching, etc..With the hood and the trunk ratty, I have not tried to get too excited about the finish yet. I've washed it down a few times but I haven't even taken the time to go into the door jambs yet. So much needed and still needs attention that I just knock a little off my list at a slow pace because with my daughter just finishing college and one starting in another year, my funds are basically sweat equity at this point LOL. I have literally redone the fuel system completely, most of the electrical to a working point (needs wiring cleaned up under hood) replaced the entire braking system, bushings, bearings, on and on and on LOL. Heck, it was so nasty when we hauled it to the shop that I literally filled a 5 gallon bucket up with dirt dobbers nests from the chassis! Used three cans of ant killer before I got rid of all the piss ants in the interior LOL So literally, if I can make it to Commerce this weekend one day it will be like its maiden voyage! But I will try a claybar and let y'all know HA
Yeah dude, projects like that seem never ending! Hahahaha! Wow, you've already done a lot!

Back
Top Bottom