• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
If you were closer , I could come look (well, my current condition is not great at the moment either) but you are going to have to find out if it has a short or a drain on the battery. It is possible that you have a faulty starter, a drain from any number of things, etc. it will need to be diagnosed by someone who knows.
I would start with a fresh/known good battery and a volt meter on the cables to see if there is a parasitic drain of some sort.
If you get a known good battery in it and it does not start….you need to begin with cables then starter. There is also a few thing that will keep one from starting…bad ign switch, solenoid on starter, cables, neutral safety switch…..
It is very hard to diagnose one without seeing it.

Is it a manual or auto trans ?
I have the battery on the charger to get it back to full charge. Any recommendations on a good volt meter?

Sound and solid advice, brother.
It is an automatic transmission.
Thank you, 41mag.

Get a volt meter from radio shack - unless you use one all the time just buy a mid grade or cheap one. No sense in spending a bunch on a really good one you aren’t going to use much.

You really should let someone look at it that knows what they are doing to diagnose It any further. I could tell you what to do but it is hard to do like this. Plus without actually being able to see it/put hands on it, there is only so much you can do over the compute/phone.

After you get the battery charged good, take it by a parts store and let them test it. (Of course, it would need to be out of the truck)

Get a volt meter from radio shack - unless you use one all the time just buy a mid grade or cheap one. No sense in spending a bunch on a really good one you aren’t going to use much.

You really should let someone look at it that knows what they are doing to diagnose It any further. I could tell you what to do but it is hard to do like this. Plus without actually being able to see it/put hands on it, there is only so much you can do over the compute/phone.

After you get the battery charged good, take it by a parts store and let them test it. (Of course, it would need to be out of the truck)
Battery is Full after being on the charger yesterday.
Still would plan on picking on up a volt meter to have one for the truck.
After I can get a lift, I will take battery by a parts store and have them test it.

I understand the frustrations of only being able to do so much via computer/phone.
Like this 1996 Ford Ranger we are trying to problem solve my neurology (not psychology) has been TARFU and frustrating since my TBIs and I can only do so much before my system shuts down. Thankfully I have learned myself and from others the warnings and signs before I need to Full Stop because of my neurological complications. It has been a hard adjustment from being who I was before, but I am focusing on maintaining a positive attitude and keep pushing forward.

This truck has become part of my focus to better help me work with my FUBAR remains and seeking to put myself and this truck operational again. The truck will function like before, my hope is I will get better too just maybe in a different way than before.
"The only easy day was yesterday."

Battery is Full after being on the charger yesterday.
Still would plan on picking on up a volt meter to have one for the truck.
After I can get a lift, I will take battery by a parts store and have them test it.

I understand the frustrations of only being able to do so much via computer/phone.
Like this 1996 Ford Ranger we are trying to problem solve my neurology (not psychology) has been TARFU and frustrating since my TBIs and I can only do so much before my system shuts down. Thankfully I have learned myself and from others the warnings and signs before I need to Full Stop because of my neurological complications. It has been a hard adjustment from being who I was before, but I am focusing on maintaining a positive attitude and keep pushing forward.

This truck has become part of my focus to better help me work with my FUBAR remains and seeking to put myself and this truck operational again. The truck will function like before, my hope is I will get better too just maybe in a different way than before.
"The only easy day was yesterday."
Damn dude, this sounds like the same crap I have been experiencing lately !!
Seizures, zero energy, memory has become a major ordeal since all this started. I wonder if it is something in the water ?? LOL.
They haven’t put a finger on my problems either.
I got to where I shake so bad it’s unreal !! All they can do is run tests and give me anti-seizure meds. It slowed them down greatly but hasn’t stopped them completely. After these seizures , my memory gets worse for days then slowly comes around. There is a bunch I still dont remember.
I can understand the frustration, believe me !
I really hope they get a finger on both our problems soon ! I will waste away just sitting here but I can’t seem to do anything else :( .
Good luck to you brother, I hope you can get it all corrected and get back to normal again, whatever that is - LOL 😆!!

Who the **** are your neighbors that stole your tools ?
New transfers into the area NSB Kings Bay and Mayport. The bad ones tend to be sticky fingered chuckleheads.
They took advantage of both my tools stored at my father's home and our combined service-related disabilities.
I also meant to say, I will answer any questions I can via this computer or phone, so don’t be afraid to ask ! :)
No worries, I completely understand, brother.

Does anyone know of any quality mobile auto mechanics in the Athens area that would be able to help me figure out the electrical issues with my 1996 Ford Ranger?

Back
Top Bottom