• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1st hunt with my boy

My son (7) & I went on our first real hunt together tonight, finally. We walked away empty handed & I am a little frustrated for not having a higher confidence level in the shot opportunity that arose a couple times, even though it was about a 240-250 yard distance. I want a clean, accurate shot, not one to cause any suffering.
He was also passed out & I didn’t want to wake him up with a heart attack from the gun shot. (Tried to wake him twice quietly but he was out) Ha.
Although I may not let go of the regret from the memorable trip this could’ve been (had it ended differently) for a while, it will still be a very memorable trip & I am most certainly grateful for the time spent in my favorite place on Earth with my favorite person on Earth & that’s a HUGE win for this mama.
I’m also thankful I was taught to love the hunt more than the harvest as well as the cherish-able moments spent with family. I made sure to let my son know this tonight as well. Just the fact that he wanted to go sit in the middle of nowhere with me instead of staying behind at my dad’s lets me know I’m doing something right. #GodsCountry #MamasBoy #LoveTheHunt

View attachment 2383461 View attachment 2383465
View attachment 2383463
Great hunt. Don't put pressure on yourself,just enjoy the moment.oh and get you some camo ear rings.Lol

Whether you take a deer or not, he will always remember and treasure the time spent with you.
For some reason that pic reminds me of the song, "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth."

Ok.
So when this boy grows up he’s gonna brag to his 14 y/o buddy’s how friggin much cooler his Mom is than theirs.
When they brag about their Mom’s nose rings,and tattoo to teeth ratio, your Son can brag about spending time with his Mom in a deer blind.
Deer or not, you’re making memories and it just means more cool trips with Mom until the perfect shot happens.

Just think .....there are a lot of boys that don’t even have a Dad half as cool as the Mom you are to your Son.
You’re a bad ass Mom....keep up the good work.

Just a little advice.
Wear all black like a ninja in the ground blind as camo will stand out.

Looks like the little guy at least bagged some Zzzz’s. Lol! Great job passing on the hunting tradition to your son, he will treasure these times his whole life.

Glad that you two got to spend time enjoying God’s creation. The time you shared makes hunting what it is, not the kill. Well said. It’s refreshing to see other folks with the same mindset. Some of the most memorable hunts that I’ve had with my children have been hunts where no game was even seen.

Back
Top Bottom