1st Major News Story

JFK's assassination & Jack Ruby killing Oswald, then in '64 I remember my Mom crying out on the driveway when she heard on the radio that Jim Reeves died when his plane crashed.

Challenger explosion.
My oldest son saw it on TV at school, we went on vacation to Disneyworld later that year and I wanted to go to Cape Canaveral too while we were there and he got very upset and didn't want to go. He thought there would be another disaster and we couldn't convince him they weren't even going to try to launch anything. I felt pretty bad for even bringing it up and making him cry, he was only 5 years old.

Lmao!
Moon Landing, watched on TV
I've got an original Atl. Journal-Constitution with that plastered all over the front page, it's put up somewhere in a plastic bag inside a box. Last time I got it out it still looked like it was printed yesterday.

Pope Pius XII Christmas address calling on Catholics to stop telling children about Santa Claus, return conversation to Christ. Think it was around 1950. I still remember the childhood trauma of being told Santa didn't exist.

Sick, stayed home from school in 4th grade, and turned on the TV just in time to watch the Challenger explode.

Back
Top Bottom