20 measly miles. 20. Might as well be another planet.

I've lived in Greenville, SC, Asheville, Charlotte, Cincinnati, San Francisco and Chicago. I've been back in Macon for 12 years. Warner Robins is HEAVEN compared to Macongo.
You know Warner Robins elected a lady Democrat mayor last year. So I'm predicting she's gonna pull a C Jack Ellis on WR. Remember how Jack ran Brown and Williamson ( highest paying employer in Macon ) out of town after getting elected? Well just imagine this bitch saying " Dat Air Force Base is a huge polluter and dat property COULD be used for low income housing."
And just that quick Warner Robins would be a ghost town.

I've lived in Greenville, SC, Asheville, Charlotte, Cincinnati, San Francisco and Chicago. I've been back in Macon for 12 years. Warner Robins is HEAVEN compared to Macongo.

You know Warner Robins elected a lady Democrat mayor last year. So I'm predicting she's gonna pull a C Jack Ellis on WR. Remember how Jack ran Brown and Williamson ( highest paying employer in Macon ) out of town after getting elected? Well just imagine this bitch saying " Dat Air Force Base is a huge polluter and dat property COULD be used for low income housing."
Wow, you guys should work for the WR C of C.
do ads and testimonials.

You should compare the WM in east Athens to the one in Oconee County, 8 miles away.

But if you want real third world, try the WM Market on the edge of downtown Athens.
Never shopped at the Market, but we shop at both WalMart's. Depending on the day and time, not much different.

You must've been down on the coast for all the wonderful mayors WR has had. And councilmen.
I think for a time it was pretty much straight from office to prison.

You must've been down on the coast for all the wonderful mayors WR has had. And councilmen.
I think for a time it was pretty much straight from office to prison.
No I remember the big story back in 90/91ish when the mayor and police chief tried to blackmail a city councilman they hated with a video of said councilman and his mistress at the water treatment plant in the back of his car. Councilman told them to suck it since he liked his council seat better than his wife. Then the FBI stepped in and sent the mayor and chief to club Fed.
And...that's how they wound up with Donald the drunk Walker. Most people in Warner Robins hated Walker and the cocaine smuggling dealing stories are rampant around town. But the city employees LOVED Walker. I worked a temp job at the Public Works Garage for about a year in 2013 and heard all about how Donald would just make up $15.00 an hour jobs for friends and would hand out hundred dollar bills to all the city employees every Christmas. But then around 2011 he suddenly shot himself in his office. Hmm... Official story was he was taking Chantix to stop smoking AND one of the many side effects WAS suicidal thoughts and actions. Yeah, right. The unofficial story I have heard from more than one source was that Donald's wife shot him over banging his secretary. Maybe a week later a city I.T. guy broke in and tried to steal Donald's computer. As far as I remember nobody ever said why.
And let's not forget the Houston Co Sheriff Cullen Talton. He's been sheriff since right after I was born in 71. NOBODY keeps that job for that long without being a crook.I used to know Emmett Head who owned a junkyard in Bonaire where Talton lives. They all played poker at the yard and banged underage girls and made tons of money in the county/city towing/impound bidness.
So...the point here is yes, I'm up to speed on the long standing good old boy corruption in Houston Co.

No I remember the big story back in 90/91ish when the mayor and police chief tried to blackmail a city councilman they hated with a video of said councilman and his mistress at the water treatment plant in the back of his car. Councilman told them to suck it since he liked his council seat better than his wife. Then the FBI stepped in and sent the mayor and chief to club Fed.
And...that's how they wound up with Donald the drunk Walker. Most people in Warner Robins hated Walker and the cocaine smuggling dealing stories are rampant around town. But the city employees LOVED Walker. I worked a temp job at the Public Works Garage for about a year in 2013 and heard all about how Donald would just make up $15.00 an hour jobs for friends and would hand out hundred dollar bills to all the city employees every Christmas. But then around 2011 he suddenly shot himself in his office. Hmm... Official story was he was taking Chantix to stop smoking AND one of the many side effects WAS suicidal thoughts and actions. Yeah, right. The unofficial story I have heard from more than one source was that Donald's wife shot him over banging his secretary. Maybe a week later a city I.T. guy broke in and tried to steal Donald's computer. As far as I remember nobody ever said why.
And let's not forget the Houston Co Sheriff Cullen Talton. He's been sheriff since right after I was born in 71. NOBODY keeps that job for that long without being a crook.I used to know Emmett Head who owned a junkyard in Bonaire where Talton lives. They all played poker at the yard and banged underage girls and made tons of money in the county/city towing/impound bidness.
So...the point here is yes, I'm up to speed on the long standing good old boy corruption in Houston Co.
Damn, you make the Dodge County Mafia sound like choir boys. :pound:

Back
Top Bottom