• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

2000 silverado 4wd error message

smokey30725

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
My truck has been flashing the service 4wd message for a little while now and when I had it scanned, it came up with the B2725 mode switch circuit malfunction. I just tested the 4wd down near my pond and it went into high and low just fine but won't go back into 2wd. Do I need to replace the push button switch on the dash or another sensor?

My 2001 Yukon did this about 2 mos ago- would not come out of 4L. I tried backing up & all that stuff. Finally took hot wire off battery for 5 mins & it fixed it- went from 4L to 2wd.
Good luck

Just drove down to a gravel lot and it went right back into 2 hi. Gotta find the root cause. Can't go off road and then have to drive home in 4 low or hi if it gets stuck again.

My 03 tahoe did same thing. Put it in neutral, held down the 2wd button and then shifted back to drive. Turned vehicle off then turned it back on and was fine, in 2wd

Hmm.. 99 Silverado z71 here. Same message. When I get the message I pop out the dash trim and reseat the 2 plugs on the switch a few times. Has done the trick.
Until now. Light keeps coming on.

We have a steep driveway and I get some wheel slips sometimes. I start down the road and have to go 4wd and back to 2.

I used some zip ties to keep the plug attached to the back ...used to come unhooked and have to smack the dash but my 5 cent fix works like a charm

Actuator on transfer case

By oem and I think it's around 150 ish

Make sure you put in neutral before removing and have patients it's a one way with weird gear but is easy to do

Back
Top Bottom