• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2001 - A Space Oddity

I read the book (audio) for the 1st time last week. Its an interesting read, but not the most riveting thing. I think it should be seen more of an entry into sci-fi/horror, but that part only plays out about half the book. The concept that Dave is trapped in space, by himself, and has not hope of return does seem to have some fatalistic appeal to me, as does the transfer of consciousness from his body to that of an all seeing being that can transcend time and space is intriguing. How interesting it would be if at a thought you could be anywhere or anytime. Where would you go, what would you visit, if you could alter what you saw, would you do so, and if so how would you or why would you. Honestly, I have spent more time thinking about the concepts than reading the book, but it does teach dreamers to dream in a different hue.

Takes far to long to get going. I have a short attention span. I've never gotten any farther than the monkey people tossing the stuff into the air.

I’ve never really understood all the love that movie gets either.

It scared the hell out of me when I was a kid because I had a huge fear of robots, but now that I’m grown the movie is pretty damn boring.

Back
Top Bottom