2001 Honda Accord transmission is not working...

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
So having problems with my brother's honda. He said itll work but won't go faster than 10 mph and stalls out constantly. So we trying to find a good place that can warranty the work without costing an arm and leg. Do you guys think its better just to get a new car or repair/replace it?

Its automatic transmission.

Yes auto... I don't think my brother wants a junk yard one... LOL Do you know a reliable source to order one? He wants it to work for a good bit so he can continue to work. He has another car but he works so far and the other car would cost $700 a month just in gas since he works all the way up in Calhoun.

Call WTR transmissions in Buford !! @ 678-714-5571... They can hook you up cheaper than a junkyard.. ALL they do is rebuild Honda and Acura transmissions.
I have used at least 5 of there rebuilds with 0 problems !! They have a warranty too !!

Call WTR transmissions in Buford !! @ 678-714-5571... They can hook you up cheaper than a junkyard.. ALL they do is rebuild Honda and Acura transmissions.
I have used at least 5 of there rebuilds with 0 problems !! They have a warranty too !!

5 transmissions? They don't sound too good to me....just kidding. In all seriousness, how do you know it's not something simple like shift solenoids or sensor. It could just be a couple hundred dollar fix. You need a good diagnostic check on it.

There are two solenoids you can remove and clean out on the top side under the hood. They have little screen filters in them than can get clogged with debris. Easy to do. Unfortunately, the debris is usually clutch material and even if it works better afterwards, plan on a rebuild soon. I own two 99s and have put a reman in each. $1200 at Acworth transmission. Great guys.

5 different cars !! Lol !!! This is a common problem on 1998-2002 accords. The torque converter and clutches come apart inside pluging the internal filter and solenoids .
No easy fix. I build Wrecked Hondas for a living. See this alot !!
Im thinking there price exchange DIY is in the 600 range with a 2 year warranty !!

Last edited:

Wow, Buford GA? We live in marietta, might be worth the drive! Let me talk to my brother! I'll PM you, is that ok? THanks!

From what AAMCO transmission place say the transmission torque converter went bad.

I buy and sell a lot of cars that need motors and transmissions. The guy that rebuilds all of mine is in front of Dixie Speedway. His name is Don 404-831-9528. He will be way cheaper than Acworth Transmissions and he warranties his work also. Call and get a price, let him know you got his number from me, Jerry. Thanks and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom