• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Metro Atlanta  2003 Victory Vegas NEED HELP!!!

Crumley25

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
My 03' Victory Vegas left me stranded the other day. I can't figure out what is going on with it. I need some help. Don't really wanna take it to the shop.

Here is the story:

I stop and got gas the other day. $5 worth, just topped off (I needed to break a $100 and had to buy something). Drove about 20-30 miles then the bike started cutting out. I pulled over to check it out and it died and have not been able to crack it since (over a week now). Thought I may have picked u some bad gas or water in the gas. Drained the tank, added new gas and some Heet, also changed the plugs. Still nothing, I can here the fuel pump ingaging and the bike will crank and sputter out after about 5-10 seconds. If you twist the throttle at all the bike dies. Also pops back through the air box. Is there something I am missing, something else I can check?

Hopefully it is debri in the carb or fuel inj. can you clean that part out?Some people use seafoam to clean out fuel system.

Hopefully it is debri in the carb or fuel inj. can you clean that part out?Some people use seafoam to clean out fuel system.

I have tried seafoam in the tank with no luck. Took the tank off and blew all the lines out no obstructions that i can tell only other thing i can think of is deep cleaning the throttle body.

Tell me you didnt use that seafoam crap? Leave your TB alone it's fine. We'll figure it out one night this week after work or worst case this weekend. Did you get a service manual for it yet?

Tell me you didnt use that seafoam crap? Leave your TB alone it's fine. We'll figure it out one night this week after work or worst case this weekend. Did you get a service manual for it yet?

Na No Service Manual, I bought the SeaForm at the Gas Station where it broke down at, Just trying anything to get it to crank. Didn't work of course. I have since taken the tank off and drained it, blew it out along with the lines, put it back on and added new gas. Nothing works.

wonder if your fuel filter is clogged with this ethanol crap. I have to use 93 or mine will sputter (crotch rocket) and have heard of Harley's choking out due to using 87 and ethanol buildup

I know Victory's use to have electrical issues (rectifier over charging etc) so I would take it in to a shop before you mess something up.

wonder if your fuel filter is clogged with this ethanol crap. I have to use 93 or mine will sputter (crotch rocket) and have heard of Harley's choking out due to using 87 and ethanol buildup

I never put anything other than 93 in this one. Filter is in the tank though so I have no idea.

I never put anything other than 93 in this one. Filter is in the tank though so I have no idea.

beats me, i think at this time I woudl take it in. It could be a crack in the airbox choking it, electrical or even something as silly as a battery that wont charge the system and it cuts out

Back
Top Bottom