• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Metro Atlanta  2003 Victory Vegas NEED HELP!!!

If it's fuel injected...I'd bet that the fuel pump took a dump on ya. When they go...they go with little or no warning. Running one minute...dead as a door nail the next. Just because it's whining doesn't mean it's moving fuel...

sounds like a jet is stopped up or a injector is clogged , might have a bad injector. if it is not the fuel pump , do you smell gas or see white smoke coming out the tail pipe when your trying to crank it?

sounds like a jet is stopped up or a injector is clogged , might have a bad injector. if it is not the fuel pump , do you smell gas or see white smoke coming out the tail pipe when your trying to crank it?

No Smoke, It is poppng through the Air box and Flooding/Foulling out the plugs though. It will crank, and sputter itself out after about 5-10sec. If you touch the throttle at all it dies.

If it's fuel injected...I'd bet that the fuel pump took a dump on ya. When they go...they go with little or no warning. Running one minute...dead as a door nail the next. Just because it's whining doesn't mean it's moving fuel...

It is fuel injected, Fuel pump will pump some gas I unhooked the line and checked, maybe not at the right pressure though. I just don't wanna says its fuel pump just yet. I called today Fuel pump is $577 and 2 hours labor at $99hr to install.

....Fuel pump is $577 and 2 hours labor at $99hr to install.

DANG...that's as bad as the Honda stealership here in Marietta. Need to get a ball joint replaced on my ATV...$37 worth of parts...$93 for labor. It's a 15 minute job with a press.

Best of luck with the thing...

Your killin me with this thing. The first thing the SVC manul says to check is for low voltage, CPS and then your TPS calibration.
CPS will need a rapair adapter to measure peak voltage as it runs in acv. Tps is pretty easy to check, just have to get to it. If you were closer I could take a quick look for you. Ya, I used to be a motorcycle tech. I still do it as a small biz out of my garage. First thing I'd say is just pull the plugs and check how it was running before it died. Post pics of what you do/find.Also, year, make, mileage would be good info. If you did that already I must've missed it. I think it may have something to do w the fact you had just filled up. Most cases I've seen, it was diesel but I'm sure you didn't do that. You'd be surprised how many do! But water in the fuel or some other debris. Who knows?

Back
Top Bottom