• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

200yrd Rimfire Rifle Match, RBGC, Dawsonville, GA

I shoot this match every chance I get. It's a fun one and pretty challenging. It's very low key.

Let me try to answer a bunch of questions:

Targets: There are two targets on the frame, about 24 MOA difference. The top target is for aiming, if needed. The bottom target is for the hits. If your scope doesn't have enough elevation, you can aim at the top target and make minor adjustments to hit the bottom target. I dial 27 MOA and aim at the bottom.

Spotting Scopes: Each shot is marked with a golf tee and scored with a large round disc. I've been able to see the tee with a 4x scope easily. I usually only use my spotting scope for scoring others.

Ammo: Bring sub-sonic ammo. I use Eley Club. Super-Sonic ammo will go sub-sonic at 180 yards and become unstable increasing your spread massively.

Classes: There seems to be 2 classes: Sling and F-Class. F-Class is for bipod shooters. I say "seems" because the score card has more categories than that.

Kurt - I'll be there - You'll recognize me from GCO.

Mike:
Weather permitting, i'm gonna shoot this on June 4. I haven't done the 200 yard rimfire thing in about 10 years.

I'll pass if calls for rain, or being insanely hot. I know that 200 yard firing line at Riverbend gun club is fully exposed, with no shade no cover of any kind.

Kurt, hope you will make it.

Doug just sent out the match announcement:

This is your reminder that we will hold a 200 yard Rimfire Match on the RBGC HP range June 4, 2022. Registration closes around 08:30 and first round downrange around 09:00.

Match description is at rbgc.org.

Don't forget to bring all your gear like cheek pieces, firing pins and so on,

I love this match. I have not been able to shoot it in a long time. I hope to remedy that soon.
I am actually putting together a rifle for rimfire f-class prone that will do double duty for this match. Unfortunately I will not have it done by Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom