2016 Motorcycles

That Husqvarna looks pretty nasty. Usually a new Husqvarna is just a modified, 2 year old ktm (basically) but this new one looks like a beast. I'll give it a couple years to see some reviews and to finish my old sportster. May be one in my future though.

That Husqvarna looks pretty nasty. Usually a new Husqvarna is just a modified, 2 year old ktm (basically) but this new one looks like a beast. I'll give it a couple years to see some reviews and to finish my old sportster. May be one in my future though.
it is a ktm 690smc / enduro r.

It was between the husky or the gsx-s1000 and the husky is winning right now. If they dont come out with pricing soon though I may not wait for a feb release. time will tell

If you like the gsx s, have you checked out a FZ-09? I sat on one the other day, looks like a bike I wouldn't mind having.
My friend has one and i took it for a spin. Wasnt to impressed personally. They do get good reviews and i wouldnt be upset about owning one, i just think theres better options out there currently. Thats not taking price into consideration though.

My friend has one and i took it for a spin. Wasnt to impressed personally. They do get good reviews and i wouldnt be upset about owning one, i just think theres better options out there currently. Thats not taking price into consideration though.
Well that's kind of disappointing, everything I read about it was good, and the salesman almost had me sold on it. I really think I'm going to hold out for the Husqvarna though, I've never owned a supermoto style bike, seems like it would be too much fun. As soon as I get into my new house I'm going to bob out a 93 sportster 1200 that's sitting in my basement unmolested at the moment.

Well that's kind of disappointing, everything I read about it was good, and the salesman almost had me sold on it. I really think I'm going to hold out for the Husqvarna though, I've never owned a supermoto style bike, seems like it would be too much fun. As soon as I get into my new house I'm going to bob out a 93 sportster 1200 that's sitting in my basement unmolested at the moment.
If youve never rode a supermoto, id try one out before commiting to the husky. Its not for everyone, and its much different that a regular street bike. If you like the idea of tue fz09, check out suzukis gsx s1000

FZ09 is a great all around bike. if you are comparing it to a supersport or a dual sport you are doing it wrong. :)

the FZ can be a great bike with a few week places mods, mainly suspension and a bit of help with the brakes, but again, it depends upon what your frame of reference is. the motor is nice, decent power, light feeling, decent ergos and just a good fun do it all bike.

I've had most styles of bikes but not many street bikes hold my interest these days. I've got one friend with a 1290 Super Duke and another should have his in a few weeks. I"ll take that for a spin, it's about the only new street bike that I could see purchasing..

that being said, it's close to time to sell my much loved 07 KTM 450 XC (tagged) and get a newer FI KTM or Husky 450. I'm looking at an XC-F or maybe the new FE450 but will have to figure out how to tag them.

BTW my understanding is that in the future the Husky bikes might be the step above KTM, even with them being under the same ownership, the plan was to have Husky as the "top level" and have stuff a year or two before it trickles to KTM. but that might still be a year or two away. I've been surprised with the Husky factory teams in MX/SX I would have assumed that they would race with the KTM brand but after i read that they wanted to use Husky as the top level, it made more sense. But I"m sure they'll keep KTM in there as well... who knows.. either way it's a good time to be in the market for a bike!

Also Kawasaki just announced the new ZX-10R, looks nice but not a huge kawi fan. Oh yeah if you are into side by sides, the new Yamaha 1000 is an absolute BEAST!!!

Triumph has some cool bikes as always. very fun writeup in the most recent Motorcyclist of the Triumph and Ducati Scramblers on some 'real' trails out in Colorado. I just rode a bunch of the same trails last month, so that was a cool read. My wife had the street triple R for a while and it was a very very fun little bike.

If I get another street bike this year (non dual sport) I"ll probably buy another honda hawk 650 to play with around town.. :)

Whenever I look back in on new bikes, I'm shocked at what the prices are these days. You used to be able to buy a decent car for that much....

Back
Top Bottom