• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old Honda trail 70 motorcycles

I was about 13 when I started riding my Dad's Honda CL 175 off road. It weighed about 300lbs. So I had to learn not to drop it because I couldn't pick it back up if I did. My uncle had an SL 175, that was a cool bike. He liked doing wheelies up and down his driveway with it. My brother in law had a SL 350 bored to a 400 in the early days. I think that's my all time favorite bike. If I'd had a chance to buy it when he sold it, I'd probably still have it.

Remember the old ATC three wheelers ? Lol
We had one as kids , they would float - some . Had the balloon tires on them.
I remember riding the trail 70 bikes though….they were cool too ! Of course we tore up everything we had raising hell on them….until we got the Yamaha YZ125
I started racing on the Yamaha 125 MX the predecessor of the yz's. Raced the 125 in the 250class too.

saw 4 trail 70's or 90's on FB marketplace the other day. two were in good condition, one was decent and one for parts. Looked like a nice project for someone to get into a "blast from the past".

I ride my wifes Grom to the grocery store every so often, lots of fun.

I saw an Asian guy riding a brand new Honda Trail 125 a couple weeks ago.
I talked to him for a few minutes as we were at the same gas station on opposite sides of the same pump.

He's very happy with it. He has a larger motorcycle as well, but he thinks this little thing is a lot of fun.

079A7D1A-27C5-41AD-85B0-9076A4B9B96B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom