• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2018 Georgia State Skeet Shooting Championships// June 22, 23 & 24

Well, the 2018 Georgia State Skeet Shooting Championships are in the book...We had about 65 Four-gun Shooters and about 105
participants in the 12 Gauge...

Your humble correspondent shot a 98 in the 12 Gauge, good enough for B5 and Senior Champ, and ran 100 straight in the 28 Gauge, finishing third in the shoot-off and ending up with B1 and Senior Champ...Had a GOOD Shoot overall, managed to win a Belt Buckle and/or Medal in every event...Finished C1 and Senior Runner-Up in the HOA with 383 x 400... :)

Congrats you shoot tubes or barrels

Thanks! I shot an 1187 in the 12 Gauge & Doubles events--Mine is Angle-ported and kicks about like a 28 Gauge--And I used a 28"-barreled Remington 3200 with old-school Purbaugh Tubes in all the subgauge events--It's as heavy as a piece of Railroad Track, but boy, does it SMOKE Targets when I do my part!

Thanks! I shot an 1187 in the 12 Gauge & Doubles events--Mine is Angle-ported and kicks about like a 28 Gauge--And I used a 28"-barreled Remington 3200 with old-school Purbaugh Tubes in all the subgauge events--It's as heavy as a piece of Railroad Track, but boy, does it SMOKE Targets when I do my part!
I completely understand about the 3200 that’s exactly same setup I shot in late 70s and early 80s,I’m glad to see decent turnout,the guys I shot with we all went to sporting clays when it started.

I completely understand about the 3200 that’s exactly same setup I shot in late 70s and early 80s,I’m glad to see decent turnout,the guys I shot with we all went to sporting clays when it started.

Yeah, I saw three guys that I shot with in the '80's & '90's over the weekend--Two were shooting, one with his 30-something SON--Makes me feel even OLDER, LOL!--And the other guy was just visiting--Told me that shooting well Is too much like HARD WORK to be enjoyable any more--He might have a point... :)

Back
Top Bottom