• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 garden thread

Gate done
IMG_6313.jpeg

Wife and I decided to try our hand at a small garden this year. Installed a 4'x16' garden bed and also have 6 cattle mineral totes that we will use. My only experience trying to grow anything before now is deer food plots. This should be a fun endeavor.

Wife and I decided to try our hand at a small garden this year. Installed a 4'x16' garden bed and also have 6 cattle mineral totes that we will use. My only experience trying to grow anything before now is deer food plots. This should be a fun endeavor.
Nothin like growing your own food

I started with a 4X8, now I have about 1200 square feet.....it happens.....😆

I have a raised spot about 50sf that i have been using for bok choi. I put lots of home compost in it as well as 20cf of that black "raised bed soil". Now every cat thinks its a litter box. I've tied tin foil strips up but they ignore it. Anyone ever try cat repellent?

I have a raised spot about 50sf that i have been using for bok choi. I put lots of home compost in it as well as 20cf of that black "raised bed soil". Now every cat thinks its a litter box. I've tied tin foil strips up but they ignore it. Anyone ever try cat repellent?
Stole this from Google but there is some truth to it. We have always used old coffee grounds in our soil mix and have never had any cats in the garden.
———————————————————————————————————
Smells that repel cats: To keep cats out of yards or gardens, plant the herb rue or sprinkle dried rue. Citrus or lemon scents (orange peels, lemon peels), garlic, ammonia, vinegar, coffee grinds, pipe tobacco, mustard, citronella, or eucalyptus all deter cats as well.

Back
Top Bottom