• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 garden thread

View attachment 6880047View attachment 6880048Spot on OP. ORGANIC all the way. This year our garden will mostly be in above ground beds made with lumber that I treated with an all natural organic coating. No pressure treated wood. Chemicals can leach into your food. Do not use railroad crossties either for the same reason. Soil going in the beds this week. Had to bulk order the organic soil and adding from our compost bins I’ve been filling up this past year. Greenhouse almost finished for the indoor seeding, sprouting, growing for next year’s garden.
Very nice, you've been busy

I did 6 tomato's in a raised be last year and we had more coming in than we could eat. I'm going to double that number this year so I can can some.
several years ago i used a plot my grandmother had piled leaves, chicken poo and all kind of organic matter on , set out 78 rutger and better boys.... I had fruits coming out the yengyang. My brother uses the plot now and its depleted in nutrients but still pretty black.

several years ago i used a plot my grandmother had piled leaves, chicken poo and all kind of organic matter on , set out 78 rutger and better boys.... I had fruits coming out the yengyang. My brother uses the plot now and its depleted in nutrients but still pretty black.
Crop rotation helps too

We are getting with our neighbor Friday to have dinner, exchange seeds, and make a list or seeds to order. We like Bakers Creek for our seeds. Where do y’all get your seeds?
I like Seed Saver Inc..
Tomato, bell pepper and asparagus long beans i just save seed from year to year. Last years okra mostly was deer browse so I have no seed.

I like Seed Saver Inc..
Tomato, bell pepper and asparagus long beans i just save seed from year to year. Last years okra mostly was deer browse so I have no seed.
I was under the impression you planted asparagus once and it came back year after year. My wife and I have talked about planting it bc we both love it. We can’t agree on a place in the garden we want it to be forever. So it has never been planted

Back
Top Bottom