• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 garden thread

I'm excited to start growing these this year. I've watched several youtube videos and these things just pump out the cucumbers. They say every flower turns into a cucumber, just year we were getting 1 per every 10 flowers growing I believe what were called the straight 8. I'm ready to make some pickles.

How do you keep deer out of garden. Assume fence (no wife will not let me harvest her pets). How high fence?
IDK. I thought about an electric fence but have witnessed deer at the house clear the 6ft with 2 strands of 'bobwire' that surrounds Vulcans property. I think there's really only the one way....🎯

Correct. It does
Fun fact hostas and apsaragus are both eddible

1000006651.jpg
1000006650.jpg

Blue berry patch using wattle fencing. Maple sucks for posts. It very prone to splitting. I used a few gallons of diluted lime juice to hose down the wood chips after they were applied. The bushes have been here since november and the sprout picture was this week. They appear to be acclimating well. Fwiw i only have 1/2 acre and a very limited budget thanks to covid mandates. You just have to make due

Fun fact hostas and apsaragus are both eddible

View attachment 6884236View attachment 6884237
Blue berry patch using wattle fencing. Maple sucks for posts. It very prone to splitting. I used a few gallons of diluted lime juice to hose down the wood chips after they were applied. The bushes have been here since november and the sprout picture was this week. They appear to be acclimating well. Fwiw i only have 1/2 acre and a very limited budget thanks to covid mandates. You just have to make due
lot of stuff can be grown in small spot.... Square Foot Gardener Mel Bartholomew sez...

I was planning on putting some of these in, then found some info about them having a neurotoxin, annonacin. It seems to possibly only be an issue with long-term consumption, but ultimately not a risk I wanted to take. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom