• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.22 suppressor build up after a few thousand rounds

Send us your baffle and we will put in the sonic cleaner with a custom cleaning solution. We have a 9mm F/A M4 and it get really dirty after a demo day. PM if you are interested.

The bulk of it is cci standard velocity with some Eley mixed in there too. So all waxed lead.
Thanks for the info.
Hopefully about to get my 22 aluminum can outta jail and probably be sticking with the cci sv also. I'll just break it down every 200 rd or so until I figure out the best time to clean.

Thanks for the info.
Hopefully about to get my 22 aluminum can outta jail and probably be sticking with the cci sv also. I'll just break it down every 200 rd or so until I figure out the best time to clean.
Yeah that was literally thousands of rounds. After every brick is usually plenty. Breaking the can loose after you get done shooting at a minimum goes a long way.

All monocore rimfire cans should be taken apart after each use no matter how many rounds, if for no other reason then knocking out the slight build up after just 50-60 rounds.
You can thank me later

Rimfire ammo is nasty. To keep things easier with an aluminum suppressor just do the following :

Try to use copper plated bullets as those have less drip and will help keep the molten stuff to a minimum

Clean it the second you can don’t wait . The longer you wait the harder it is .

Never under estimate a power washer . My stainless baffles go into a rock tumbler for cleaning , can’t do that with the aluminum so pressure wash it . It works quickly and does not harm the aluminum.

Back
Top Bottom