• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.22lr AR15 SBR

I don't know if any .22 ammo will go supersonic out of a 4" barrel or not. The really hot stuff like CCI might, but I honestly don't know.

What I've found with my 4.5" barrel is that any ammo rated 1200fps or less stays subsonic 100% of the time, but anything hotter than that will go supersonic every once in awhile. Usually a couple rounds out of a full 25 round mag.

When I first got my Sparrow me and a buddy went out shooting. We had pretty much identical guns except my barrel was a CMMG 4.5" and his was a Taccom 4" we were taking turns using my Sparrow. I can't remember what brand of bulk ammo we were shooting, but I would get a sonic crack every once in awhile. He never got a single one.

Same ammo, same mags, same bolt. Pretty much the same gun other than the barrels.
Ok cool. Thanks for the info. If I build this instead of going the 10/22 route, I will go with the 4" barrel.

BangBang BangBang the taccom's r out of stock. Do they usually have them?
I really don't know because I haven't been back to their site since I build my AR.
I try to avoid temptation as much as I can.
:pound:

You could probably email and ask them if they know when they'll be getting more in stock.

Here's the gas deflector I was talking about. You see them alot on 9mm AR's. They will go right on any milspec AR upper with no modification. I recommend one for your suppressed .22 build because as I said, with rapid firing, you do have some gas blow back in your eyes sometimes.

https://www.cmmginc.com/shop/ejection-port-cover-kit-with-gas-deflector/

I don't think you'll be shooting full auto, but this video really shows the gas coming out.

I really don't know because I haven't been back to their site since I build my AR.
I try to avoid temptation as much as I can.
:pound:

You could probably email and ask them if they know when they'll be getting more in stock.
Here's the gas deflector I was talking about. You see them alot on 9mm AR's. They will go right on any milspec AR upper with no modification. I recommend one for your suppressed .22 build because as I said, with rapid firing, you do have some gas blow back in your eyes sometimes.

https://www.cmmginc.com/shop/ejection-port-cover-kit-with-gas-deflector/

I don't think you'll be shooting full auto, but this video really shows the gas coming out.

Lmao! Yeah I totally know what u mean. That is so badass! I see what ur talking about though. Btw, just got my 9mm ar sbr stamp today! Woohoo!

Lmao! Yeah I totally know what u mean. That is so badass! I see what ur talking about though. Btw, just got my 9mm ar sbr stamp today! Woohoo!
Oh man, if I had a full auto .22 setup like in that vid I would be BROKE. I would burn through so much ammo! I'd be like a crackhead. I'd be going to the flippers and paying their stupid prices just to get another mag dump fix.

Oh man, if I had a full auto .22 setup like in that vid I would be BROKE. I would burn through so much ammo! I'd be like a crackhead. I'd be going to the flippers and paying their stupid prices just to get another mag dump fix.
Lmfao! :pound: . Please don't tell me youd be like that movie menace to society! "Man i'll give u this double cheeseburger"!

Lmfao! :pound: . Please don't tell me youd be like that movie menace to society! "Man i'll give u this double cheeseburger"!
Bahahaha! I'd give them a cheesburger for some ammo, but I'm not giving them the other thing the dude offered in that movie! I don't like shooting THAT much!

Back
Top Bottom