• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22lr host and suppressor

Dave550

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
44   0
Reaction score
Hi - I’m researching (and will soon buy) a 22lr host pistol and a dedicated suppressor for it. I’m a fan of the Sig P322 and the Glock 44. Anyone use these quiet? Do they cycle with subs? Any guidance or suggestions from the audience? Should I be exploring other reasonably priced host pistols? I have a Surefire SOCOM300SPS already for my larger calibers, but that can wouldn’t work with a 22lr pistol for me. Thanks everyone!

Thoughts on cans also appreciated. I was looking at tbe Dead Air Mask 22 HD.

Or is anyone happy with a multi cal can that works well with 22lr and 9mm? Or should I go dedicated 22lr?

I have a 22/45, as well as a Mask. No complaints.
IMG_1248.jpeg

I wouldn’t worry about subsonic ammo. Most bulk and SV will remain subsonic in the pistols you mentioned. Save subs for rifle hosts.
I have the mask, oculus, warlock, huntertown, Thompson machine, sig, 2 jk arms and a tac-sol MKiv upper. And a Gemtech mist in jail. Those are just my Rimfires. Mask and oculus are the best of them all.

lots of great cans each has its ideal host and strengths for hollywood quiet get one with the capability to put in wipes for carry get a short super light for long term a steej jka is rock solid
if budget allows a dedicated 22 is the way to go (i have a few occulus is my current favorite but i really love my old sionics transferred in 1988) A suppressor is like a woodwind instrument - 22 cans are like piccolos 223 556 cans are like flutes (they need to eb brutally tough and have more volume but tend not to need as much cleaning because of the high speed pressure and pass through- get one thats durable and easy to take apart and clean 22 is really dirty

Back
Top Bottom