• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22lr host and suppressor

Been digging my M&P22 Compact and CGS Hydra AL. Very light, functions flawless with standard and high velocity. The short barrel keeps both subsonic so even bulk pack stuff is quiet.

Had a P322 previously. Worked just as well accept the mags are a little more finicky to load. They hold more though so you have to load less often. No experience with the G44.

For a more target oriented pistol, S&W Victory is my favorite with the Ruger Mark IV a close second. Problem with them is they’re usually long enough to make bulk ammo supersonic so you have to shoot the more expensive stuff if you want hearing safe.

E528C73A-45CE-49D7-9E19-21D601952F58.jpeg

Ruger MK IV with a Rugged Occulus.

Though do have to say, I installed the volquartsen accurizing kit on my MK IV recently and it makes a massive difference. So stock trigger is fine but the kit is definitely an upgrade I'd recommend if you keep with the MK IV.

Taurus TX22 and Dead Air Mask. It's a great combo. CCI standard works great and it will cycle subs but you don't need them. Ely Contact is some great ammo. It's quiet, clean, and accurate. My next purchase will be a Beretta Bobcat Covert. It's a very compact host. I have a Silencerco Warlock in jail now. It's extremely light. I want to pair that up with the Bobcat.

Bulk pack ammo will stay subsonic in short barrel. Mask, occulus, tbac 22TD and the switchback are all quality cans. The new griffin checkmate seems promising as well. Just get something that has shielded baffles. 22lr is dirty, 22lr cans are a bitch and a half to take apart if schmoo gets between the baffles and tube.

I have a dead air mask, CGS Hydra, silencerco warlock, They all work great, but I don't think I'd buy any dead air products right now. They are having a lot of problems. I haven't seen any mask problems, but if you did need parts or service it'd be a giant pain.

I have a dead air mask, CGS Hydra, silencerco warlock, They all work great, but I don't think I'd buy any dead air products right now. They are having a lot of problems. I haven't seen any mask problems, but if you did need parts or service it'd be a giant pain.

Yeah, I was disappointed to hear about the (many) QA problems with the Sierra.

I'm sure there's an 'inside story' there that accounts for it, but it's damaged their reputation.

If they outsourced the fabrication and skimped on the QA, it's possible that all their other models are as good as they've been to date, but for me, when I go and evaluate a new can for purchase, I can't assume that the Dead Air is automatically near the top of the contenders list.

Lots of hosts will work, although I'm partial to the Ruger Mark 4s as well.

The key to 22 cans is how many rounds it can go between cleaning. My first 22 can was an SWR Spectre and it's still the benchmark for me. I can shoot it all day and have no problems getting the baffles out when cleaning.

Contrast that to my Gemtech Mist integrally suppressed barrel for the 10/22. I actively HATE that can! It binds up so badly if you shoot more than 50 rounds or so without breaking it free that you need to soak it and use a strap wrench to get it off. Absolute garbage.

I just ordered the Griffin Checkmate because it promises to work as well as (or better than) the Spectre when it comes to not having problems with cleaning, plus I really like the company and their products. We'll see if it lives up to the hype.

Back
Top Bottom