.243 hunting bullet suggestions

I encourage you to take a second look at the Barnes 80 grain TTSX. Yes, it is less than 100 grains, but has a 99% weight retention and the higher velocity of the lighter bullet makes up the difference for the energy you need. The TSX has had incidents of failure to open properly on light game and this is one of the reasons Barnes developed the TTSX. The polymer tip ensures good expansion and gives a higher BC. When comparing the BC with other bullets it's important to understand that Barnes calculates their BC at 300 yards rather than the shorter ranges that other manufacturers do. The effect is a more accurate BC for calculating trajectory, but on paper it looks like it's lower than it really is.

Even though it's 80 grains, this bullet's unique design will give you deep penetration with reliable expansion and excellent energy transfer. I have known several people that use this bullet in 243 and 6mm for deer hunting and there's not a single complaint from any of them.

Love Barnes in my .06, but get win power point sub moa in 243. But i don't have $2000 guns either. NOTE=Love Barnes. I'd go Barnes first ....if not consecutive win power point

I love 243win. Every time for me its DRT.
I use 100gr Nolsler Partition spitzer for most hunting but Sierra Game king is also great.
Sierra 100gr SBT for paper and groundhogs.

I think ive shot every 6mm projectile available since the late 80's and the Sierra 100gr SBT with RL17 propellant is the most accurate for me

We just butchered a 100 lb. doe taken at 100 yds. by a kid. He was using the Hornady managed recoil Custom Lite stuff. Massive trauma to heart and lungs. The deer never twitched just bang flop. He did make a perfect heart shot though.

We just butchered a 100 lb. doe taken at 100 yds. by a kid. He was using the Hornady managed recoil Custom Lite stuff. Massive trauma to heart and lungs. The deer never twitched just bang flop. He did make a perfect heart shot though.

The Key is bullet placement, every time...

I will second the Hornady 100gr Interlock. It seems to have the penetration ability of the partition at a lower cost. I have broken both shoulders of several deer with this bullet. They do fine on heart/lung shots as well.

I third the Hornady Interloc 100gr.I know it's not considered a premium bullet,but I've been using it over H380 and it's dropped all 6 deer my son has shot with it within 5' of being hit.In the death of those animals,I can't see where the bullet has ever failed.

Back
Top Bottom