• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$29 AR15 Lowers!!!

That would be a straw purchase....

I doubt it. A straw purchase would be if I asked to buy one for me prior to the original purchase. If someone already bought a few lowers, realized they don't need as many, and at a later point chose to legally sell one would not fall under the straw buy category.

That would be a straw purchase....
Wrong.

"Straw Purchasing. Buying a gun for someone who is prohibited by law from possessing one or for someone who does not want his or her name associated with the transaction is a "straw purchase." An illegal firearm purchase (straw purchase) is a federal crime."
http://www.dontlie.org/straw_purchasing.cfm

Maybe not a straw purchase, but illegal IF someone hasn't picked it up at the ffl yet and is filling out the 4473 with the intention of acquiring the gun for someone else.

Maybe not a straw purchase, but illegal IF someone hasn't picked it up at the ffl yet and is filling out the 4473 with the intention of acquiring the gun for someone else.
I can see what you're saying, I would be sure to make any decisions/conversations about selling a firearm after completing the 4473 and taking possession of said firearm.

Back
Top Bottom