• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

2nd annual Trout stream meet and greet

Pretty straight forward from your place.

Take 575 North through Elijay. You're looking for Hwy 60 East, it'll be on your right. On the way to this turn keep your eyes open for Blue Ridge, Lake Blue Ridge or Morganton. Once you're on Hwy 60 East, look for a sign for the fish hatchery on your right. Take that road past the hatchery, Rock Creek campground will be on your right. If you go too far, you'll see a lake on your right, it's been a while, but I don't think you could miss the campground.

ROCK CREEK: Forest Service Rd. 69 off State Rte. 60, Between Morganton and Dahlonega
. The Chattahoochee National Fish Hatchery is located on Rock Creek. This creek and other nearby streams are stocked with trout from the federal hatchery, which is open year round. Rock Creek also supports good populations of wild trout, including native brook trout in some of the high elevation tributaries.

Last edited:
Can I get a giant RV in there?

Edit-more importantly can I get it out of there once I'm in?
My parents got their 5th wheel in there last year and it was tight. From what I remember there were maybe 2-3 spots for bigger campers. The campsite I'm wanting to get this year it may be possible to pull it up and park it there though. It's pretty wide open.

The small campground past the hatchery is Frank Gross Campground. We hit Rock Creek a lot. They got some heavy flooding in the last few weeks. Lots of snags that have caught some brush in some spots
We went up this past Saturday and fished in 31 degrees with a blistering wind.
You could get a big motorhome in some of the first camping areas, but I wouldn't venture up towards the hatchery with one myself.
I may try to join in with the family as well on this one. May bring my small teardrop camper

Back
Top Bottom