• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

30 families sue Colorado Theater Owner

That's all I gathered from article. Unless there is more to the premise, I don't see how this has anything to do with carry rights. It will certainly spark some conversation about it, however, but I don't expect much else in terms of pro-2A legal ramifications.
Yep, because it doesn't have anything to do with carry rights. I doubt it will spark much in the way of conversation and simply become yet ANOTHER in a long list of examples that show how idiotic they are. We don't need more examples. Hell if Ft. Hood and Sandy Hook weren't enough.... another 100 won't change anyone's mind either. All it does ironically is cement even further in the minds of the illogical that guns need to be further restricted.

Yep, because it doesn't have anything to do with carry rights. I doubt it will spark much in the way of conversation and simply become yet ANOTHER in a long list of examples that show how idiotic they are. We don't need more examples. Hell if Ft. Hood and Sandy Hook weren't enough.... another 100 won't change anyone's mind either. All it does ironically is cement even further in the minds of the illogical that guns need to be further restricted.

You ARE a party pooper! :) But, how right you are.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/judge-allows-lawsuits-against-cinema-owner-colorado-massacre-001522728--finance.html

So if a property owner disarms the public through their policy do they incur liability when those folks could have been legally armed or were but had to disarm to obey?

Interesting.
God I hope so. You wont let me bring my gun in then you better have world class security. 'Cause if I cant defend myself and you wont defend me and I get shot and then its your fault.

It has been repeated often. Even if true (which I have no reason to doubt) PROVING that is why he chose that theatre, absent an admission, will be next to impossible and that is NOT the case the families are making I assure you. They want money and possible armed guards or metal detectors. They are NOT suiing for more carry rights. Does anyone in this thread honestly believe those families are looking to EXPAND carry rights? :confused:

True, but if they are successful in the suit it may set a precedent that would open the door to the idea that if an establishment does not provide its patrons adequate security, then they are liable if they do not allow their patrons to protect themselves.

True, but if they are successful in the suit it may set a precedent that would open the door to the idea that if an establishment does not provide its patrons adequate security, then they are liable if they do not allow their patrons to protect themselves.
The problem is that requires a 180 change in mindset. Most business owners now think having a "no guns" signs LESSENS their liability and now it is supposed to INCREASE it? I don't see that tide being turned by a lawsuit, especially with one that is not about carrying but about money and lack of PROVIDED security.

The problem is that requires a 180 change in mindset. Most business owners now think having a "no guns" signs LESSENS their liability and now it is supposed to INCREASE it? I don't see that tide being turned by a lawsuit, especially with one that is not about carrying but about money and lack of PROVIDED security.

It may be a stepping stone for some sharp attorney in the future. Don't you ever watch "Law and Order"? LOL!

Back
Top Bottom