• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 BLK subs

Bushwhacker

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Unmitigated Badassery
119   0
Reaction score
Been reloading for quite awhile. I pretty much roll my own in almost all the calibers I shoot, with one exception being 300BLK. Looking for some data on 300BLK subsonic (208-220gr) and for some super's (110-125gr). I picked up some CFE BLK I found last month but haven't tried it yet. I saw decent info on Accurate 1680 and IMR 4227. Anyone load any of those 3 and what are your findings. Trying t obtain flawless function on my loads if possible.

This will be for a SBR. 10.3" barrel, pistol length gas, surpressed.
I will be shooting suppressed probably 90% of the time. The subs will always be surpressed and the super's will usually be surpressed as well.

I use 110 for super and 1680 for subs..I don't suggest any formula's due to several factors..1. I have not dealt with that length barrel in testing loads..Your powder selection is spot on, wish I could help.

I use 110 for super and 1680 for subs..I don't suggest any formula's due to several factors..1. I have not dealt with that length barrel in testing loads..Your powder selection is spot on, wish I could help.

The varying bbl lengths is what has me pausing for a sec. Printed loads are usually listed with 16" bbl. Shorter barrel reduces velocity but it will be surpressed. Just tired of paying retail for 300blk ammo when I load everything else...

The varying bbl lengths is what has me pausing for a sec. Printed loads are usually listed with 16" bbl. Shorter barrel reduces velocity but it will be surpressed. Just tired of paying retail for 300blk ammo when I load everything else...
It took me along time to develop a sub load for 308, because of using three different barrel lengths..I have still not perfected one load, for all three that is accurate. I have nailed one load for a 18 inch barrel for the 308. My 300 is a whole different animal, I love the Lehigh bullets. Good luck with your quest and keep us posted.

300 BLACKOUT AR, 16" BARREL, 125 GR. NOSLER ACCUBOND, 18 GR., H-110, works very well...

just a simple suggestion...

**always refer to your reloading manuals before using any load...(NOSLER #8 RELOADING MANUAL...)

300 BLACKOUT AR, 16" BARREL, 125 GR. NOSLER ACCUBOND, 18 GR., H-110, works very well...

just a simple suggestion...

**always refer to your reloading manuals before using any load...(NOSLER #8 RELOADING MANUAL...)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm always tinkering with 300BLK loads. I was really looking for some subsonic load info.

Back
Top Bottom