• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 blk suppressor choice

tjkane1

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
59   0
Reaction score
I've finally got my trust set up and ready to make a decision on a suppressor.
The main host I'm buying for is a 9 in. AAC 300 blk. Plenty of choices except that I want it all and I can't find a suppressor that fits my desires.

1. Super and subsonic ammo including lead bullet subs.
2. Short
3. Light

Choices I've considered:

762-snd-6: obvious choice since the upper is AAC and has the t51 mount on it, but not user serviceable for the possible lead build up.

YHM phantom Ti: light, less expensive mounts than AAC, but again not serviceable and not approved for under 10.5" barrel.

Liberty mystic: User serviceable, approved for sub and super 300 blk, useable for lots of other calibers, but around 10" long with barrel adapter in place, also no simple QD mounting.

I realize wanting short, light, useable with lead and QD(I could forego QD) might just be asking too much, but I've got to ask.
Any other options I'm missing? Are there options for lower cost .30 cal bullets other than lead to avoid the whole taking the suppressor apart?

It would be great if Liberty built a mystic with 1.5" diameter and shorter in length, but that would probably interfere with the sights on pistols which is what the suppressor was designed for in the first place.

Thanks for any information offered.

The huntertown kestrel ak may be worth a look. It's a little heavy (any take apart will be) but pretty short.

If it were me, I'd go sdn6.

Ill have both tonight at the giveaway.

Last edited:
Have you thought about doing a 3 lug setup for the mystic? It's rated down to an 8 inch barrel for full auto and full bore 300 blackout. I've got a mystic and I'm just completed all the ordering for all the parts for an upper to go on my spare pistol lower and occasionally my SBR lower.

I can't find any damn ammo though.

The Liberty Mystic is nice @ 13 OZ. Sounds good too, The T.I can from YHM should be great as well, I like the Idea of the Mystic being taken apart for cleaning though.
Something you may want to look at is the Gemtech Multimount. Its similar to a Mystic and cheaper.
http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/MULTIMOUNT-2p94.htm
We are a dealer for all three company's. Hope this helps.

Also any adapters for the Multimount work with the mystic. I've got one of their 1/2x28 adapters on my 9mm sbr and it's about half an inch shorter than the liberty 1/2x28 mount.

Thanks for all of the replies. I'll check out the gem-tech. Met Jake with Quiet Riot at the AR giveaway and he made a great case for the kestrel AK. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
No experience with the yhm but I have a mystic and sdn-6 and of the two, I prefer the mystic. It depends on what other role besides 300 blk you want it to fill. If you want to also use it with pistol calipers, get the mystic. If you intend to shoot it with rifle calibers like 223 or 308, get the son-6.

Gemtech makes some good cans alot of my old buddies at Bragg used them, but I use the SDN6 on my 9"MPW and its a dream come true. Plus you can use it on your different platforms and THEY ARE LOCAL so if you have any issues with it.

GoNoGo,
That's something I've been thinking more about. The can would probably stay on the 300blk most of the time so QD isn't that big of a requirement.
The Kestrel 762 ak looked good but the very limited reviews I've found about it make it sound like doesn't suppress all that well. If the mystic wasn't so
long I'd be all over that. It just sucks strapping a 10" can to a 9" barrel AR.
Maybe I should give up on the idea of shooting lead bullets and just go with a sealed can. Many more choices that way.

Again, thanks for the info guys.

Back
Top Bottom